I love carrots!!! They give us dynamism, color on our plates and have loads of benefits for our health and skin.
Health BENEFITS of carrots
- Rich in vitamin A which is great for our skin. Although I don’t recommend long period of time in the sun, this brilliant vitamin can help us stay more protected.
- Known as one of the most effective diuretic vegetables! This promote the reduction of our body storing excess fluid.
- Build strong hair and nails thanks to the beta-carotene and provitamin A.
- Promote healthy eyes. Beta-carotene helps to protect the surface of the eye (cornea), which is essential for functioning vision.
- Boosts the immune system with the critical minerals iron, zinc and copper.
Did you know that Orange is the color of your second chakra? This chakra is associated is the centre of feeling, emotion, pleasure, sensuality, intimacy and connection.
The energy of this chakra allows you to let go, to move, and to feel change and transformation occurring within your body. It allows you to experience this moment as it is, in its own fullness.
Sanskrit name: Svadhisthana (sweetness)
Shape: Circle with crescent
Petals of the lotus: Six
Seed sound: VANG
Vowel sound: Oo
Rights: To feel, to want
My go-to Carrot Recipe
Preparation time 30 mins. Services 2-3 as a side dish or snack.
- 8 carrots peeled, washed and cut into medium sized sticks
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Grated rind of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tablespoon of organic honey
- Optional: sesame seeds, cacao nibs, dried cranberry, dates or blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190C/Gas Mark 5).
- Place carrots on a baking sheet. Line with parchment paper if not non-stick.
- Mix the coconut oil, honey and lemon in a small bowl.
- Coat the carrots liberally with this and lay out on the backing sheet.
- Sprinkle over the salt if desired.
- Place in oven and set timer for 25-30 minutes for roast until caramel/ brown.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with desired optional toppings!